Join Our Team
Friendship Home is an organization of people who are passionate about helping victims of domestic violence and their children find safety and support as they rebuild their lives.
“Empowering Freedom from Domestic Violence”
When you work for Friendship Home, you’re joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of domestic violence every day. Your job is important—and so are you. Friendship Home offers full-time employees comprehensive benefits including generous paid time off and an employer percentage matched retirement plan.
The health of our employees is important to Friendship Home. A variety of health insurance plans are offered to allow the best fit for our employees’ unique circumstances. From higher deductible and standard deductible options, including dental, vision, and employee assistance programs, to a Health Savings Account (HSA) plan that allows for tax savings. In addition, Friendship Home believes in investing in the future of our employees with Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and various employee support programs.
As a Friendship Home employee, your time is appreciated so for full-time employees there is paid vacation, paid personal time, and a special bonus day to use for a birthday or holiday.
Bilingual Advocate – Arabic and English
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: To provide support and advocacy services, designed to empower residents and children who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Responsible for coordinating six months of voluntary post-shelter follow up support services to women who have secured permanent housing.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to work with and advocate individuals with diverse backgrounds and diverse points of view. Must fluently speak and write Arabic and English. Ability to handle multiple job duties, flexibility in responding to unique situations, demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
Education and Work Experience: A degree in Human Services or related field preferred. A thorough understanding of domestic violence requires. At least 1 year of experience in a position requiring a high degree of independent judgment and problem-solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Bilingual Advocate
To be considered for any of these positions, please provide your resume and cover letter to Amber by email for the quickest response. You can also mail your resume and cover letter to, Friendship Home
Attn: Amber D. at P.O. Box 85358, Lincoln, NE 68501-5358.
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are seeking a full-time Development Director to join our top-notch Development Team. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned professional to make competitive pay and take a strong leadership role within the agency.
This position might be for you if you:
- Believe that no woman or child should have to live in fear of domestic violence;
- Have at least five years of demonstrated successful experience in nonprofit development;
- Enjoy the opportunity to help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals;
- Enjoy starting new relationships, making that first introduction, whether via phone or in-person;
- Love being a part of an innovative and experienced leadership team;
- Enjoy being a part of a collaborative team environment where together you create and nurture an idea with others involved from start to finish;
- Relish the thought of growing authentic relationships with our donors;
- Are an enthusiastic communicator who knows how to create a compelling message through writing and speaking;
- Understand that all forms of violence are linked and are interested in ending gender-based violence by eliminating oppression and creating equity in the world;
- Are a whole-hearted and strengths-based leader, excited about bringing your talents to a thriving development department;
- Excel in multi-tasking, juggling several assignments and/or projects at once.
The Development Director will:
- Maintain long-term relationships with our caring and generous existing donors;
- Be an integral part of the Friendship Home’s Mission Advancement team, following a successful, proven model;
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors;
- Make direct, face-to-face asks;
- Oversee our special events (and roll up your sleeves yourself once in a while);
- Craft powerful messages for our newsletter, annual impact report, social media, website, donor proposals, thank you letters and videos;
- Have a significant role in empowering freedom from domestic violence.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to Renee by email. Resumes that arrive without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you. The position is open until filled.
The following internship opportunities involve working in the shelter directly with residents:
Advocate Interns assist staff in providing support to residents by:
- Responding to “request for service” phone calls.
- Providing crisis intervention and advocacy.
- Safety planning.
- Completing intake and exit procedures with residents.
- Assisting residents with goal setting, problem solving, and connecting with community resources.
- Providing one-on-on support to callers and residents.
- Helping facilitate support groups for adults or children.
Since our agency is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, scheduling for this position is flexible and can be worked out to fit your personal schedule.
We are accepting applications for Spring 2021 Interns!
Upon submission, your request will be sent to Rainey, Intern/Volunteer Coordinator.