What You Can Do
Watch the 10/11 News series which aired October 12-16 by using the links below.
- This powerful five-part series on domestic violence in our community shows the impact domestic violence has on isolated victims and their children, and how Friendship Home helps empower survivors to rebuild their lives.
- Donate to our annual Safe Quarters campaign.
- Join Friendship Home staff for a one-hour inspirational Welcome MAT. The presentation is designed to give you a greater understanding of the work Friendship Home does every day with victims of domestic violence and their children. Learn more.
- Follow us on social media
- Read our Assistant Development Director’s interview with KLIN.
10/11 News 5-Part Series
The Color Purple
Domestic Violence Awareness Month is associated with the color purple. Purple is a symbol of peace, courage, survival, honor, and dedication to ending violence.
It is a salute to survivors and those who have lost their lives to domestic violence.
The Purple Ribbon tells everyone that you stand against domestic violence and that you will speak out to stop the violence!
On Thursday, October 22nd, show support for domestic violence awareness by wearing purple.
Use your clothing to start conversations with others about domestic violence. Share photos online of yourself wearing purple, and use the hashtag #PurpleThursday.