The following internship opportunities involve working in the shelter directly with residents:
Advocate Interns assist staff in providing support to residents by:
- Responding to “request for service” phone calls.
- Providing crisis intervention and advocacy.
- Safety planning.
- Completing intake and exit procedures with residents.
- Assisting residents with goal setting, problem solving and connecting with community resources.
- Providing one-on-on support to callers and residents.
- Helping facilitate support groups for adults or children.
Since our agency is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, scheduling for this position is flexible and can be worked out to fit your personal schedule.
We are accepting applications for Summer & Fall 2020 Interns!
P.O. Box 85358
Lincoln, NE 68501