The following internship opportunities involve working in the shelter directly with residents:
Advocate Interns assist staff in providing support to residents by:
- Responding to “request for service” phone calls.
- Providing crisis intervention and advocacy.
- Safety planning.
- Completing intake and exit procedures with residents.
- Assisting residents with goal setting, problem solving and connecting with community resources.
- Providing one-on-on support to callers and residents.
- Helping facilitate support groups for adults or children.
Since our agency is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, scheduling for this position is flexible and can be worked out to fit your personal schedule.
Our Fall 2020 Intern positions are full. We are now accepting applications for Spring 2021 Interns!
P.O. Box 85358
Lincoln, NE 68501