Friendship Home, a comprehensive domestic violence shelter program located in Lincoln, NE, is looking for a Development Director to join our top-notch Development Team. The position is open due to internal promotion.
This job might be for you, if
- You passionately believe that no woman or child should have to live in fear of domestic violence;
- You have 5 years of demonstrated successful experience in nonprofit development, marketing, or related fields;
- You enjoy the opportunity to help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals;
- You love being a part of an innovative and experienced leadership team;
- You relish the thought of growing authentic relationships with our donors;
- You are an enthusiastic communicator who knows how to create a compelling message through writing and speaking;
- You are a whole-hearted and strengths-based leader, excited about bringing your talents to a thriving development department.
As our Development Director, you have the opportunity to:
- Maintain long-term relationships with our caring and generous existing donors;
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors;
- Make direct, face-to-face asks;
- Oversee our special events (and roll up your sleeves yourself once in a while)
- Craft powerful messages for our newsletter, annual impact report, social media, website, donor proposals, thank you letters and videos
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills. This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Position open until filled.
Please submit letter of interest and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.