Assistant Development Director
Friendship Home is an organization of people who are passionate about helping victims of domestic violence and their children find safety and support as they rebuild their lives.
We are seeking an Assistant Development Director to join our top-notch Development Team. This is a full-time position and is open due to semi-retirement.
The Assistant Development Director will have an opportunity to work with an experienced, proven Development team. The position is perfect for someone looking for challenges and opportunities to make a difference and to grow. We are looking for passionate, committed individual wanting to make a difference in empowering freedom from domestic violence. The Assistant Development Director will have a demanding schedule involving some evenings and weekends for donor engagement and major events. The challenges are great, but the opportunity for impact is amazing!
This position might be for you if you:
- Believe that no woman or child should have to live in fear of domestic violence.
- Have at least three years of experience in coordinating special events, non-profit fundraising or a related field
- Thrive in a multi-tasking role that will change from day to day
- Have proven time management skills and enjoy an ever-changing list of tasks
- Are organized, responsible and results-oriented
- Enjoy working independently as well as thrive in a team setting
- Have excellent communication skills with a genuine care for people
The Assistant Development Director will:
- Report to the agency’s Development Director and work closely with the Development team, including the Volunteer/Intern Coordinator and the Development Assistant
- Lead, organize and coordinate Friendship Home events with defined goals, from planning and organization to setup and event day leadership. This will involve managing volunteer or team registration, organization of event materials, setup for event and event day tasks
- Assist with donor engagement including thank you calls and follow-up efforts to help build long lasting relationships
- Assist Development Director with all promotions, media, news releases and print materials
- Help Development Director with Friendship Home mailings and newsletter
- Support Mission Advancement goals with specific duties, involving donor events, presentations, and data entry
Please send a cover letter and resume to Renee Henrichs Resumes that arrive without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you. The position is open until filled.