About Safe Quarters
Safe Quarters is a one-day, community-wide effort to collect change and other financial contributions for victims of domestic violence and children who seek refuge at Friendship Home from violence in their own homes. Safe Quarters also exists to raise awareness of domestic violence in our community and the resources available to help victims.
On October 12, 2014, teams of volunteers will canvass the city of Lincoln knocking on the door of each and every household to request support.
Last year's event received tremendous support from the community, raising $110,000.
Be a part of the movement to end domestic violence in our community!
- Form or recruit a group of friends, family, co-workers or neighbors to walk a designated neighborhood(s) on October 12. A teams consists of 8-10 volunteers.
- Place a collection container in a place of business, church or other meeting place.
- Sponsor the event, a team or a neighborhood. Sponsors receive recognition based upon the level of sponsorship.
- Raise awareness of the event within neighborhoods, social groups and via social media and other publications. Encourage people to volunteer and to save their change.
- Open your door and your heart to Friendship Home volunteers on October 12, 2014 and be generous.
For more information contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 402-434-0167.
If you anticipate missing the door-to-door volunteers on October 12th, change and cash can be dropped off at any Union Bank location from September 29 through October 31. Checks for Safe Quarters should be mailed to Safe Quarters, Friendship Home, P.O. Box 85358, Lincoln, NE 68501.